Up until January 2021, Maddie de Garay was a healthy and vibrant 12-year-old. She was a typical pre-teen who loved dancing and spending time with her friends. Maddie’s life changed forever when she received her second dose of the Pfizer covid vaccine on January 20th 2021 while participating in the trial for 12-15-year-olds at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
In less than 24 hours of her second dose, Maddie had a severe systemic adverse reaction. She developed crippling body pain, her fingers and toes ice cold and turned white and she said she felt like someone was “ripping her heart out though her neck.”
A life filled with soccer games, playing with friends, and school was replaced with 11 ER trips resulting in 4 hospital admissions totaling more than 65 days. Maddie has suffered numerous systemic injuries, it has been a year and she is still in a wheelchair, receives all her nutrition and medicine through a feeding tube, cannot control her neck, has constant stomach, back, neck and body pain, vision problems, tinnitus, can’t feel from the waist down, allergic reactions, dysautonomia and more. Worse yet, she is not improving. In fact, her condition is declining.
After reporting everything to the Pfizer clinical trial Principal Investigator and being brushed aside, we started documenting every detail of Maddie’s injury. Cincinnati Children’s first tried to treat Maddie as “a mental patient,” telling us it was anxiety and it was all in Maddie’s head. Pfizer listed her traumatic systemic adverse reaction as “functional abdominal pain” when reporting to the FDA. A day before Pfizer submitted their request for emergency approval for the covid vaccine for 12-15-year-olds and before necessary testing was done, they put Functional Neurological Disorder (FND) as a diagnosis in her chart.
It’s been over a year and a half, time and options are running out for Maddie. I can’t even explain how hard it is to see your child suffer while watching doctor after doctor refuse to help her. We have exhausted all options available through insurance. Pfizer has zero financial obligation for Maddie’s injury and they have not offered any assistance. She needs treatment that our insurance will not cover and we cannot afford out of pocket. We have already moved across the country for 4 months where 2 doctors, Dr. Ealy and Dr. Marz, volunteered their time and more plus treated her daily. Her liver and kidneys are functioning now and she is stable thanks to them but she still has a long way to go. We didn’t want to ask for help unless we absolutely needed it and now is that time. Despite all that she has been through, she has remained strong and optimistic. We trust God and know that he will heal Maddie, he chose her for a reason and will continue to give her strength.
All donations will go towards:
Treatment, medication and testing that Maddie desperately needs that insurance won’t cover
Travel and lodging for treatment out of state (we are doing as much as we can via telehealth)
Essential modifications to our home that Maddie desperately needs so it is wheelchair-friendly, she has some level of independence and most importantly she is safe (ADA approved ramp into house, she can’t wheel her in herself in our out of her bedroom over the carpet, she has no neck control which is difficult for us and painful for her in the shower and during transfers)
Home Health Care (Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and IV fluids) - everyone we have called will not treat adolescents and Cincinnati Children’s is no longer an option
***IMPORTANT UPDATE: At this point we have no clue how long or what it will cost to get Maddie better. We have no intentions of accepting any money beyond what she needs to recover. Donations raised beyond the needs of medical expenses for Maddie de Garay, will be donated to React19 which is a 501c3 organization started by the vaccine injured, for the vaccine injured where every dollar donated goes to help pay for medical expenses and research for those injured by the Covid vaccines. Brianne Dressen and Joel Wallskog are both injured and co-founders. Brianne (lovingly known as Bri) has been supporting us since May when she found out about Maddie while I was in the hospital with her…completely lost and scared. She talks to Maddie and I daily and has been our saving grace. This non-profit also helped Maddie get an accurate diagnosis so she could get treatment when we were literally at rock bottom financially.
Thank you so much for your prayers and support for Maddie’s recovery, we couldn't have made it this far without them. The support we have received from friends and even more from complete strangers has restored our faith in humanity. I’ve said from the beginning, God chose Maddie for a reason and someday this will all make sense.
More information and updates on Maddie’s story are available below, we will not stop talking until Maddie is better and Pfizer provides informed consent on their covid vaccines:
- Stephanie de Garay’s Facebook page where all updates on Maddie are made available to the public and shareable
- Episode 280: RIGGED by HIGHWIRE shares Maddies experience during the trial in detail with recorded conversations, medical documentation and videos
- FDA Buries Data on Seriously Injured by Aaron Siri
- Do clinical trials harm kids? by Broken Truth
- Dearly Discarded - Episode 13. Clinical Trial Participants - Maddie de Garay (Pfizer), Augusto Roux (Pfizer), Olivia Tesinar (Moderna), Brianne Dressen (Astra Zeneca) by Jared St. Clair and React19 (also available on Audible)
- Dearly Discarded Episode 4: Maddie de Garay by Jared St. Claire and React19 (also available on Audible)
- Do You Know About Maddie de Garay? - by Janine Bandcroft gives a summary of what’s posted on Stephanie’s Facebook page and other articles
- The Vaccine-Injured and Their Fight for Treatment, Transparency—Trial Participants Maddie and Stephanie de Garay and Brianne Dressen where Maddie shares her story in her own words on January 27, 2022 with Epoch Times, Jan Jekielek
- Senator Ron Johnson’s News Conference in Milwaukee, WI on June 28, 2021 where Stephanie shares Maddie’s story.
- Maddie’s Story on Real Not Rare which also includes Stephanie and Maddie’s Interview with Ken Reuttger’s (C19VaxReactions) in June 2021 and Stephanie’s Capital Speech and Rally Speech from November 2, 2021 in Washington, DC
- After Initially Accepting 30 Second TV Ad Featuring 13 Yr.-Old, Maddie de Garay, Comcast Attorneys Pull it at Last Minute with Timeline of Ad Rejection, 30 Second TV Ad and supporting documents provided to Comcast with our permission for substantiation.
- The Curious Case of Maddie de Garay - we don’t know who wrote this article but feel it is important to share
- Trailer: Pfizer Covid Vaccine Gone Wrong - Maddie de Garay Part 1 by Rebel News
- Trailer: Pfizer Covid Vaccine Gone Wrong - Maddie de Garay Part 2 by Rebel News
- COVID UPDATE: What is the truth? by Russell L. Blaylock